Week 22

ELI:

Math
This week I learned about quarters, halves and wholes. 2 quarters is the same as 1 half. 1/4 is the same as 1 quarter.

LA 
I am finishing up my reading book called Owl at Home. It's pretty silly but he's kind of dumb because everything he complains about is his fault.

Science
This week it was pretty warm out side. I packed up my backpack with binoculars, a magnifying glass, a bird guide, my paints and some paper and went into the backyard to look for birds. I found some robins and I also found some birds sitting on the electric lines, but I couldn't tell what they were.

Tech
For Christmas I got really fast remote controlled race car, but I accidentally broke it by running it into a wall. My dad helped me to buy some new parts for it and we fixed it together this week. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
I have a new teacher and he is really nice. He told us to do races this week and I did pretty good.


KAI:

Math
I'm learning how to do some of the functions on a basic calculator. There's an MRC button and a M- and M+ button. It helps you to do order of operations on a calculator that isn't smart enough to do it on its own.

LA


Science
I watched a bunch of DIY Sci episodes this week because I was sick. In one of the episodes I learned that there is metal in breakfast cereal and if you let the cereal soak in water and then use a strong magnet it will attract the metal.

Tech
My sister and I have been getting into making stop motion videos. I made one with the LEGO table in the house that I made for the mini figs. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
I wasn't feeling that great at Ninja this week so I sat out a bit. but I did work on the rings.

EMMIE:

Math
I am doing sines, cosines and tangents right now. I am using them to calculate the similar legs of different triangles.

LA
I am learning about rhythm in poetry. This week I separated Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven into feet.

Science
We're learning about evolution right now. It's pretty interesting to learn about natural selection and how different species adapt to their environment.  

Tech
I've been creating a lot of stop motion videos. I made one with some little gnome figures I made out of wooden pegs and felt. I made another overlooking our LEGO table and made it look like the town was active. I even strung a helicopter from a fishing line to make it look like it was flying.

Acting
I missed acting this week because I was home sick. 

Comments

Popular Posts