Week 25 :: Grace Week!!

 Grace week is the week that we catch up on any subjects that we might have fallen behind on.This way we can be prepared for our  end-of-term exams.

Eli:

Math
I have learned about greater than and less than. I learned that you can put two dots by the number that is more and one dot by the number that is less and then connect the dots. That's how you make the less than/greater than signs. 

LA 
In Odysseus, he washed onto the shore. The king's daughter found him and gave him a cloak. He went to see the king and the king told him that he would help him get home. 

Science
We read about field mice and harvest mice. Harvest mice are smaller and they build their nests in the corn stalks. The field mice build their nests in the grass. 

Tech
Today my sister and I built a cool car track in the basement. It had loopty loops and we got it to where the cars would stay on the track the whole time without falling off anywhere. 

Piano
I can already play the whole song of "This Land is Your Land." The ties are easy to count now too. Now I have to memorize it. 


Kai:

Math
I am continuing to make lines through shapes, connecting the vertices. I  am practicing using my drawing tools

LA
In Odysseus, the daughter of the king found Odysseus lying on the shore. All her maids ran because they were afraid. She gave him a cloak to where and told him to him to go see her father after he washed. He followed one of her maids to the king. He told the king everything and the king told him that he would get a boat and good rowers so Odysseus can get home. 

Science
We read about the differences between shrews and field mice. For one thing, cats won't eat shrews, they will only kill them. Also, a field mouse is always running around and builds its nests above ground, but a shrew builds his nest underground. Finally, a shrews snout is long and skinny, but a field mouse has a short snout.

Tech
This week I finished my pinewood derby car. It was all blue except for one red stripe down the middle. My car was in the shape of a plane, and it looked a little like a shark, so I called it the shark. I didn't win any races. 

Orchestra
In orchestra today we learned "Rocking Strings." So far it is just a fun, fast song. We are also still learning "French Folk Song" for our concert. 

Emmie:

Math
In math I am still working with the hypotenuse. I am also getting more word problems now, which I haven't had for a long time. 

LA 
In Stowaway they have gone in a huge circle and they are back at some islands near Tahiti. They got really close to a new land (because they were seeing lots of new birds) and they also found a bunch of new islands, but they didn't stay because there were either cannibals or really violent people. 

Science
I read about how snowflakes are made. They start as tiny little hexagonal ice chunks. Then, as they fall down, more little ice drops collect on the points until it gets lots of little feathery points. If it doesn't melt then it falls as snow. If it does melt then it could fall as rain, sleet or hail, depending on how cold it is between the ground and the melting point. 

Tech
We are making more progress on our pump. We've made a car and it runs on a track. It was my brother's idea but I helped put the car together.

Orchestra
In orchestra we are doing a new song called Rocking Strings. We learned C natural and F natural, which is different because most of our orchestra music is in D major and not D major. 

Comments

Popular Posts