Week 29

ELI:

Math
This week I worked on the making ten strategy. If I am adding 4+9 then I can make a ten by taking one from the four and giving it to the nine. This gives me 3+10, which is easy! 13!

LA 
I finished a Fancy Nancy book today called The Show Must Go On! It was about a talent show and Fancy Nancy had to be a partner with someone she didn't know very well, but they came up with something really fun to do together.

Science
I caught a painted lady butterfly today. At first I thought it was a monarch but then we looked it up and it isn't. The lines are more mushed together than a monarch.

Tech
This week I made up a cool game for the trampoline. It is like dodge ball. Everyone jumps on the tramp and 1 person is off the tramp and throws a soft ball at them. The person that gets hit get off and joins the other person throwing the balls. they keep doing this until there is only one person left on the tramp and that person wins.

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week we did an obstacle course. These are my favorite days because we just go through it as fast as we can. I could do all the obstacles. 

KAI:

Math
I am starting division with fractions. This week I used long strips of paper and folded them to use for figuring out fractions. This showed me part of the whole and then I changed that into a fraction. 

LA
I have been working changing singular to plural. Like, 'fox' isn't 'foxs,' it would be foxes. And 'mess' isn't messs,' it is messes.' Sometimes you need to add more than just an 's' to make something plural. 

Science
I had my pinewood derby race this week. We talked about the different things that helped make a derby car go fast. Sometimes, bending the wheels outward helps, but this actually made my wheels wobbly.

Tech.
This week I found out that if I use high pressure water stream I can mine out a hole in the side of our hill outside. My mama doesn't like it when I do that. I made it as a cave for my cars. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week we did parkour. My favorite things were the warp wall and the shelves. 

EMMIE:

Math
I have a test coming up. I have been studying for it.

LA.
I have been learning about subjects and predicates. Today I learned about objects.

Science
Right now I am learning about fungi. A few days ago I looked at mushrooms under a microscope.

Tech
I am making a digging box for my pet rats. I took some unfertilized reptile tank soil and planted rat safe sprouts and herbs.

Acting
In my acting class we are going to do improv for the rest of the year. We practiced character based games. 

Comments

Popular Posts