Week 20

ELI:

Math
This week I played my math app a few times. I mostly worked on doing quick math with adding and subtracting to kill a monster.

LA 
In A Wonder Book we reading about King Midas and the Golden Touch. After he learned that everything he touched turned into gold, his daughter came to him. She felt bad for him becuse he was so hungry and couldn't eat breakfast. She ran to him to give him a hug and she turned into gold as well. 

Science
This week I learned about the prairie. I learned that in the western prairies the grass doesn't grow very tall because there isn't as much water. But in the east the grass can grow taller than an average person because there is more rain.

Tech
This week I have been making lots of things in my "workshop." I made a workshop in the corner of our living room and I make lots of things out of our recycling bin. This week I made a few boats. I also made a cool light reflector box. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week I worked on speed. I tried to get through the rings faster than usual.


KAI:

Math
This week I have been playing math games on the iPad and with cards with my mom. I'm trying to memorize my multiplication facts. 

LA
In in grammar I have started learning about prepositional phrases. They aren't easy for me to find yet, but they are easy to diagram once I find them. 

Science
In physics we read more about friction. We talked about driving a car on different kinds of pavement, like, asphalt, ice, and gravel.

Tech
This week for tech I worked on solving more problems on the Turing Tumble. The activity comes with a problem book that is kind of like a comic book story and you have to help the characters of the story solve the problems.  

Ninja Warrior Gym
I loved Ninja this week. We worked through lots of different tasks with partners. My favorite things were the jumping spider and the ropes.

EMMIE:

Math
In Geometry I worked some more on cross-multiplying. Cross-multiplying is a kind of multiplying with fractions. 

LA 
There was a big blizzard in Hattie Big Sky. She let her horse out to graze and then her horse got out. Then her neighbors 2 little kids held onto his tail in the blizzard and followed him home because they couldn't see and knew that the horse would go home. 

Science
In biology we looked at different insect wings under the microscope. We looked at a butterfly wing, a dragonfly wing, and the underwing and outerwing of a grasshopper. 

Tech
This week my dad and I worked a little more on the balancing robot. We are working on programming it to move in a figure 8. We have it really close but sometimes it focuses too much on balancing and less on the figure 8. 

Acting
This week we played more games. I love improv because everybody gets wacky. We have a bunch of new kids in our class and its fun to have them. 

Comments

Popular Posts