Week 28

ELI:

Math
I have been working on addition strategies. Today I learned about the near tens strategy for finding numbers that add up to 9 and 11.

LA 
Today I finished Balto. I loved that book. Balto was really stong and brave.

Science
This week we finished A Walk in the Prairie. I learned about thirteen-striped ground squirrels. Their temperature drops to almost freezing when they hibernate for the winter!

Tech
I have been working on taking apart an old Razor 4-wheeler. I have been trying to separate the metal so we can recycle it for money.

Ninja Warrior Gym
My mom is signing me up for the showcase that is coming up soon. It will be awesome. They are going to announce us as we go through the course like the Ninja Warrior show. 

KAI:

Math
I have been working on the order of operations. I have also been working on using check numbers to check my work with subtraction problems. 

LA
I finished a book about Clara Barton. She was so brave, ut she was actually really shy so she had to work hard at being brave. She saved a lot of lives. 

Science
I watched an episode of Bill Nye on simple machines.

Tech.
This week we spent some time planting and setting up our fairy garden outside. We also did a lot of other planting. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
My mom is signing me up for the showcase that is coming up soon. It will be awesome. They are going to announce us as we go through the course like the Ninja Warrior show. 

EMMIE:

Math
In math I took a test and did really well. I also worked on how to solve for x. My book taught me a cool way of thinking about a scale in order to solve the problem.

LA.
I have been working on a paragraph on the flag. It hasn't been easy at all. In fact, it has been really hard. I have to write in first person, as if I was the flag. I need to get it done by Friday.

Science
I have been doing a lot of work on classifications. Now I am going through the different families in the classifications to learn what they all really are.

Tech
I have been doing a lot of research on how to keep a pond with fish and aquatic plants. When we move I want to set up a pond with goldfish.

Acting
Acting class was cancelled. 

Comments

Popular Posts