Week 19

ELI:

Math
This week I worked on finding patterns. Things like 800, 810, 820...and 100, 200, 300...

LA 
In A Wonder Book we reading about King Midas and the Golden Touch. He woke up and was able to turn everything into gold with his touch. He realized that anything that touches him turns into gold, so all his food turned into gold, too. 

Science
This week I learned about the prairie. I learned that in the western prairies the grass doesn't grow very tall because there isn't as much water. But in the east the grass can grow taller than an average person because there is more rain.

Tech
This week I have been making lots of things in my "workshop." I made a workshop in the corner of our living room and I make lots of things out of our recycling bin. This week I made a truck and hose.

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week I worked on jumping. I would jump and say to myself "I know I can reach it!!" and then I would jump and grab the balls or rings. I did it well!


KAI:

Math
This week I have been reviewing for my test on Friday. Most of the review was for multiplication and comparing equations.

LA
I'm still working away at Bound for Oregon. The mom of the family finally had a baby boy. She'd had two other baby boys on the trail but they both died. 

Science
We didn't do Physics this week, but I just got a new book at the bookstore. It has everything about planes, trains, cars and boats.I love airplanes the most.

Tech
This week for tech I worked on solving more problems on the Turing Tumble. The activity comes with a problem book that is kind of like a comic book story and you have to help the characters of the story solve the problems.  

Ninja Warrior Gym
I loved Ninja this week. We worked on the globes and the swinging rings. I also worked on jumping really high. My mom is going to put a quarter on the top of my door frame so I can jump for it.

EMMIE:

Math
In Geometry I have been working on proportions and ratios. I also worked on cross multiplying. 

LA 
In poetry this week I learned about feet in poetry. A foot is a group of syllables. I also learned about how the length of each line of poetry matters. 

Science
I biology we looked for and identified different kinds of joints on our body. Then we took that knowledge and applied it to different kinds of joints in our house, like door hinges. 

Tech
This week my dad and I worked a little more on the balancing robot. We are working on programming it to move in a figure 8. 

Acting
This week we played game called murder mystery. You pick a fictional character (like Mickey Mouse). Then you pick a place (like Neverland). Let's say he was killed with a spoon. 2 people go outside while you decide the details. Then one person comes back in and a person pantomimes to her who was killed, where and with what. Then that she has to pantomime the same details (hopefully she understand them all) to the other person that was outside. It's hilarious. 

Comments

Popular Posts