Week 18

ELI:

Math
This week I worked on subtracting 9, 10 and 11 from numbers. I worked on it on the abacus and tried to do the problems in my head.

LA 
In A Wonder Book we reading about King Midas and the Golden Touch. He is so rich, but it isn't enough. He wants more and more. So he wishes he could make everything he touches turn into gold. 

Science
This week I learned about whales. Some people think that whales are fish but they are actually mammals. The babies are born about 17 ft long. The moms feed their babies milk!

Tech
This week I have started learning about gears. Different-sized gears work differently together. (gear reduction and gear ratios)

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week I worked on the rings. I also worked on the spider wall. And we did the finger ledge to make our fingers stronger.


KAI:

Math
This week I practiced more multiplication. I compared the addition and multiplication tables as well to see the differences and similarities. 

LA
I'm still working away at Bound for Oregon. They've run into Indian tribes and so much illness, but they are making their way up north.

Science
In physics this week we did some projects to learn more about friction. We placed a heavy book on a board and then slowly lifted the board to see what angle the board started to slide. Then we put aluminium foil on the board and the book slid sooner. Then we crumpled the foil thinking that it would take longer to slide, but it actually slid sooner. But it wasn't supposed to.

Tech
This week for tech I worked on solving more problems on the Turing Tumble. The activity comes with a problem book that is kind of like a comic book story and you have to help the characters of the story solve the problems.  

Ninja Warrior Gym
I loved Ninja this week. We worked on the globes and the swinging rigs. I can now do 4 globes and all the rings, which means I'm getting better.

EMMIE:

Math
In algebra I did some more work in negatives and positives. And in geometry we're moving back into triangle work.

LA 
I worked on finishing two novels from school last year. I finished The Witch of Blackbird Pond and Johnny Tremain. It feels good to get them done

Science
I learned about the circulatory system this week. Then I pricked myself with a needle and looked at my blood under the microscope.

Tech
This week my dad and I looked a little closer at the balancing robot. We're trying to get it to stand a little easier.

Acting
This week we performed all our scenes in our showcase. It was so fun and really rewarding. I was a little nervous at first, but that wore off quick. 

Comments

Popular Posts