Week 17

ELI:

Math
This week I kept working on subtracting 1, 2 and 10 from others numbers. We also learned doubles and near doubles to help me do it fast in my head.

LA 
We listened to a story called Cora and the Crocodile. It was hilarious. The crocodile was a gift from Cora's fairy godmother. The crocodile locked her nanny in the dungeon once. 

Science
We finished In the Desert. We learned all about how animals stay warm in the desert at night because it actually gets really cold, and then extremely hot in the day. 

Tech
I finished my LEGO windmill this week! We made it two ways: you can crank it or use the motor. I prefer the motor. It's awesome. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week I did little tests and did well! Some were the number of things I could do (like how many rings) and the rest were how fact I can do it. I want to complete next year.  

KAI:

Math
This week I practiced multiplication. Every day this week was a different part of it. I did squares on a multiplication grid and discovered eve/odd patterns in the answers. 

LA
I'm still working away at Bound for Oregon. They've run into Indian tribes and so much illness, but they are making their way up north.

Science
We didn't do physics this week because we ran out of time, but I'm noticing that the buds on the trees are growing larger. This means that the trees are preparing for spring, even though it will be winter for a couple more months. Also, I started a new book for nature study called tundra, which teaches all about the plants and animals of the tundra of northern North America.

Tech
This week for tech I worked on solving more problems on the Turing Tumble. The activity comes with a problem book that is kind of like a comic book story and you have to help the characters of the story solve the problems.  

Ninja Warrior Gym
I loved Ninja this week. We worked on the globes and the swinging rigs. I can now do 4 globes and all the rings, which means I'm getting better.

EMMIE:

Math
I am finishing up my geometry. I should be done with it in about 3 weeks, which is exciting. Then I can focus on algebra. In geometry this week I did some reading and work on the Cotter fractal and did some more tessellations.

LA 
I worked on some poetry reading this week. We talked about how poetry can be personal. The sample poem was "How do I Love Thee?" by Elizabeth Browning. Then I went and found another poem that seemed personal.

Science
This week I am beginning work in anatomy and physiology. I read introductions on a few of the systems of the human body and colored in diagrams. I think the inner ear is pretty cool. 

Tech
This week my dad and I finished the robot. It's a balancing robot. It has only 2 wheels and once you press start, while holding it up in the "standing" position, it will work to stay up and balanced. It's really cool. 

Acting
This week we practiced our scenes at the theater. We had a dress rehearsal. I've got all my lines memorized and will be performing this week!

Comments

Popular Posts