Week 16

ELI:

Math
This week I worked on subtracting 1, 2 and 10 fro, others numbers. We used the abacus at first, but then practiced doing it in my mind as well.

LA 
We listened to a story called Cora and the Crocodile. It was hilarious. The crocodile was a gift from Cora's fairy godmother. The crocodile locked her nanny in the dungeon once. 

Science
I learned about animals with four toes. Elephants have four toes. There is even a little animal that doesn't look anything like an elephant but is related because it also had four toes. 

Tech
This week I worked on a LEGO windmill project. I haven't finished it yet. I'm following the instructions on my own. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
Today I started ski school. I'll have 5 lessons. I skied faster down Wildcat than I have ever before. Skiing with other kids doesn't give me the time to be scared and think too hard. I just have to do it. 

KAI:

Math
This week I worked on some different things with multiplication. I also worked on something called the associative property. It just means that numbers can be in any order to be multiplied. They will equal the same. 2x6x2= 24 and 6x2x2=24 and 2x2x6=24

LA
I finished the biography of Abe Lincoln. I have decided that he is definitely one of my favorite presidents. He was so honest, everybody could depend on him. 

Science
For physics this week I started learning about friction. two items that are really smooth won't have very much friction if you rub them together, but two items that are rough will have lots of friction. I imagined what it would be like to eat at the dinner table with no friction and drew a picture of it.

Tech
This week for tech I worked on solving more problems on the Turing Tumble. The activity comes with a problem book that is kind of like a comic book story and you have to help the characters of the story solve the problems.  

Ninja Warrior Gym
Today I started my first day of skiing lessons. I didn't want to go at first, but it was really fun and I learned a few new things.

EMMIE:

Math
I am working on negatives and positives. I am working with them on graphs. I al also adding and subtracting them. It isn't that hard. 

LA 
I started a new book this week called "Hattie Big Sky." I've only read the first chapter, but so far I really like it. 

Science
In biology this week I dissected a flower. I chose to do a lily. I cut out all the parts and taped them onto my lab sheet. It was really interesting. 

Tech
This week my dad and I started building a small robot. So far we have only done the main body. We still have a lot of wires to connect and then we'll program it later. I'm not sure what it will do yet. 

Acting
I'm busy memorizing my part for the new scene that my friend and I get to do for the showcase in a couple weeks. I also got one more small part in a third piece because someone else dropped out. Now I'm the only one in all three small shows for our showcase.

Comments

Popular Posts