Week 14 :: Exams

ELI:

Math
This week I took a test. I did really well and only got a couple things wrong.

LA 
Tales: A Wonder Book

The Three Gray Women share one eye and they take turns with it. They fight over the eye. Quicksilver’s sister can see really well. She can see things before anyone else can. The three nymphs gave him the tools he needed. Perseus’ helmet had a pair of wings and his shoes had a pair of wings on his shoes. He also had a shield. 

Science
My favorite thing to learn about this semester was the different kind of feet that animals have. I have learned about one-, two-, and three-toed animals so far. 

Tech
We didn't do tech this week because of exams but we built gingerbread houses. Mine had a tall tower and was about a foot tall.

Ninja Warrior Gym
We all went skiing again this week. 

KAI:

Math
I took a test for math this week. I had to remember stuff that I learned at the beginning of the year but I did pretty well.

LA
Bound for Oregon
When Lavinia, Sarah Jane’s younger sister, got cholera she didn’t get better like the other sister. For two days she just hovered above death, barely breathing. Then she got better. When she was good enough to move on, they moved on. Mr. Grant, their friend, went out to find some food and he disappeared for two days. He went out and saw some buffalo and he tried to get closer. When they heard a gunshot they stampeded. So he went to get his horse, but his horse was gone. So he was out and got sunburned and needed water, but everything turned out fine. During the cholera there were thirteen graves dug in one day for just two families. 

Science
For my physics exam I had to remember all three of Newton's laws. I had to describe them and explain an experiment that we did for that law.

Tech
We couldn't do tech this week because of exams but we built gingerbread houses and painted loads of Christmas cards for friends and teachers. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
We've already started skiing a lot and we're going again on Friday...and probably Saturday, too. And maybe Monday:)

EMMIE:

Math
I have taken both my Algebra and Geometry tests this week. I did super well and am really happy that I am done with math until January!

LA 
The Devil and Daniel Webster
There was a farmer whose crops were dying and his family was so sick and he said, “I’d sell my soul to the devil just to improve my luck. So he did, and had a good life. But then 9 years later, when the devil came to collect his soul, he said, “Daniel Webster, Help Me!” Then, when the devil was bringing in his jury Daniel Webster said that they must be an all American jury to be fair. The devil brought in traitors. He wanted to bring in Benedict Arnold, but he was sick with a cold. Then they started arguing. They were in a tiny little farmhouse kitchen. I imagine all the traitors being rough, like pirates and led by a man in a black cloak, the devil. Then Daniel Webster, I imagine him dressed like a lumberjack, for some reason.

Science
 A Little Brother to the Bear
The tip of a woodcock beak can wiggle, so when they stab the ground for worms, if they don’t get it immediately they can wiggle their beak around to find one. The eyes are on the sides to the back of their heads so when they are digging in the dirt they can still spot predators. Also, when they break a bone on their leg or something, the will go to the bank of a river and pack mud and grasses onto it, let in dry and then fly off. When a woodcock gets scared they just sit still under a bush. They primarily live on the ground, but they can fly. 

Tech
We didn't have tech this week but I baked special "gingerbread" that my rats could actually eat. Then I made them a gingerbread house and decorated it with sunflower seeds, oats, food pellets and honey. It was a lot of fun and they love it!

Acting
My friend and I are definitely doing the scene together. We're getting ready for our big showcase in January. 

Comments

Popular Posts