Week 13

KALI:


Math
I've been helping mama in the kitchen baking cookies this week. I also measured the oatmeal. One cup oatmeal, two cups water. 

LA 
I've been playing a game on the ipad called Homer. It is really fun and I learned a few more letters sounds.

Ballet
This week I had my ballet dress rehearsal! It was so so fun! We get to do a big dance with ALL the dancers at the very end. 

ELI:

Math
This week I started figuring out subtraction problems. I learned how to write subtractions problems and how to work them out on the abacus.

LA 
I finished Mouse Soup and now I've started Mouse Tales. I also started working on sound flash cards, like -igh and -ea. 

Science
This week I learned about bats. Bats can carry rabies so you should never touch one in the wild. They are mammals and can be really tiny or pretty big. 

Tech
We couldn't do tech this week because my dad had a meeting, but my sister taught me how to sew ornaments. I made a mouse and a bird ornament.

Ninja Warrior Gym
We all went skiing this week. I went two days in a row.  

KAI:

Math
I'm working a lot on multiplication right now. I'm trying to find patterns that will help me to memorize them. 

LA
I'm learning about pronouns right now. Today I worked on interrogative and demonstrative pronouns. interrogative pronouns sort ask a question and demonstrative  pronouns sort point to something. I am also going on Fridays to read to people at the nursing home. This week I read some Christmas stories to a man named Ron. 

Science
This week I learned about Newton's third law of motion, that every action will have an equal and opposite reaction. Like, if I jump on a trampoline the equal and opposite reaction will be that I am pushed up into the air.

Tech
We couldn't do tech this week because my dad had a meeting. I did do a LOT of building with my LEGOs this week though. I made a cool ship.

Ninja Warrior Gym
We've already started skiing a lot. I went twice this last weekend.

EMMIE:

Math
I am doing tessellating quadrilaterals. Today I did some weird diamond shape, and I had to find a way to make them tesalate.

LA 
I started a new novel. It is about Abe Lincoln. So far they moved to Indiana from Kentucky.

Science
I dissected a frog today. I found its stomach and intestines, and some other organs. 

Tech
We didn't have tech this week but I took the time to show my brother how to hand sew ornaments. I also had pottery and have made my whole family Christmas gifts. 

Acting
Me and my friend might be doing a scene together. It'll be like a remake of a Greek myth. 

Comments

Popular Posts