Week 12

KALI:


Math
I did more practicing with matching numbers to groups. I counted lots of money and did math problems in the car.

LA 
I've been playing a game on the ipad called Homer. It is really fun and I learned a few more letters sounds.

Ballet
In ballet we worked on memorizing our dance for our recital in December. We'll be dancing to Jingle Bell Rock.

ELI:

Math
This week I learned how to add 4-digit numbers without an abacus. I can even add numbers in the millions!

LA 
I am almost done with Mouse Soup. I now read for 20 straight minutes every day so I am learning really fast and going through the books faster. 

Science
This week I learned about pigs. Pigs are rooting mammals and they use their big, strong noses to root up the ground looking for grubs.

Tech
I built more cruise ships out of magnet blocks. I also learned about vehicles that scientists are making to go to Mars. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
We are all done with Ninja until after Christmas. I am wanting to go skiing. I think we will go this friday.  

KAI:

Math
I got my new math book in the mail. It is mostly reviewing multiplication right now but I also learned about commutative property, which means that you get the same result no matter what order you do something in. 

LA
I'm reading A Wonder Book for Girls and Boys with my mom. Perseus brought the gorgon's head back to Polydectes. Polydectes was a wicked man and his people were wicked too. They demanded to see the head, even though Perseus suggested he keep it in the bag. When he finally pulled it out, they all turned to stone. 

Science


This week I learned about pigs. Pigs are rooting mammals and they use their big, strong noses to root up the ground looking for grubs.

Tech
I worked on a lego robot arm.  We figured out how to make each motor move when we wanted to make it move with the computer program.  Our robot's hand was too heavy so we talked about how to make it lighter with an air powered hand instead of a hand with a motor.

Ninja Warrior Gym
No more Ninja until after Christmas. We are going skiing this weekend.

EMMIE:

Math
I am doing graphs and functions in algebra.  The most recent lesson I did was linear functions.

LA 
I've been reading "All Things Bright and Beautiful" by James Harriet.  So far all that has happened is lambing season.

Science
I learned about the genes in my family.  I interviewed my Mom and Dad to see which genes I inherited from them.  My Mom had curly hair and my Dad has straight hair.  I inherited the straight hair allele.

Tech
We are making a robotic arm with a hand.  So far the hand is too heavy for the arm and we are experimenting with gears and counter weights.

Acting
I have my lines memorized for a scene from "Little Women".  We are starting to practice with props.

Comments

Popular Posts