Week 9

KALI:


Math
I worked some more of writing my numbers. I also played with the abacus and did some simple addition games on it with my mom.

LA 
I play a lot of SpotIt ABCs with my brothers this week. It helps me to remembers the letters quickly. I won a lot!

Ballet
I didn't have ballet this week.

ELI:

Math
I worked a bit on patterns and finding patterns. I also did a review of all the things I've been learning.

LA 
We added more words to my sight word flash cards. I'm still reading Frog and Toad All Year. It's so funny. I just finished the story about Frog going to get ice cream and by the time he got back to Toad he looked like a swamp monster.

Science
I learned that in the desert this is lots of life. We learned about roadrunners, lizards, grasshoppers and chuckwallas. 

Tech
I built loads of stuff with my magnets and KEVA blocks. My favorite were the humongous boats I made. They had lots of rooms and I used the furniture from my sisters dollhouse to fill the rooms.  

Ninja Warrior Gym
We didn't have ninja this week because of Halloween. 

KAI:

Math
I finished my Level C workbook! My mom is ordering the next books for me. We finished up that book with mulitiplication and a review. 

LA
I'm reading A Wonder Book for Girls and Boys with my mom. Perseus is supposed to get Medusa's head but he can't do it without Quicksilver's help. They had to go to the three grey women first to learn where to find nymphs because the nymphs know where to find the helmet that will make him invisible.

Science
In physics I pulled a car with a string. My hypothesis was that the car would go the same speed as long as I pulled it at the same speed, but I was wrong. The car sped up.

Tech
We didn't have tech class this week because my dad was in a class. I didn't so a lot of building with LEGO, magnets and KEVA blocks though. My brother and I made a fleets of ships out of magnets. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
We didn't have ninja this week because of Halloween.

EMMIE:

Math
I worked on some more tessellations. This week I learned about semitessellations and demitessellations. I had to fill an entire page with a demitessellation. 

LA 
I'm still working on prepositional phrases. I'm starting to be able to find them a little easier now. Once I find them they are really easy to diagram. 

Science
I am learning about meiosis now. I think it is cool how stem cells can turn into anything.

Tech
We didn't have tech class this week because my dad had a class. However, I made several different kinds of hammocks for my rats with my sewing machine. 

Acting
I don't quite have my lines memorized yet, but I absolutely have to have them memorized by the week after Thanksgiving. We also worked on musical improvisation. It was pretty funny!

Comments

Popular Posts