Week 11

KALI:


Math
I did more practicing with matching numbers to groups. I also counted my money and paid for a present for my brother at the store. 

LA 
I played SpotIt ABC's this week for practice at naming the letters fast. I am still working on my vowel rhyme. I also started a new game on the ipad that is helping me to learn to read.

Ballet
In ballet we worked on memorizing our dance for our recital in December. We'll be dancing to a Christmas song.

ELI:

Math
I'm learning how to read a clock with hands. This week I filled in the hands on bare clocks. I also practiced by reading the clocks at church this weekend.

LA 
I finished Frog and Toad All Year! I just started a new book called Mouse Soup.

Science
My grandpa brought us a telescope! We looked at the stars and I found Little Dipper. I remember reading a story about Little Dipper.  

Tech
I built more cruise ships out of magnet blocks. I also got to go to the vet with my dog and watched how a dog get s a shot. I also watched an episode of   Poplar Mechanics Kids about robots. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
We are all done with Ninja until after Christmas. I went to a bike park with my dad in Kaysville thought. It was really fun. 

KAI:

Math
I have been taking timed tests for multiplication and subtraction this week. I'm still waiting for my new math book to come. I have taken timed tests for 2s, 5s and 3s. I'm getting faster. 

LA
I'm reading A Wonder Book for Girls and Boys with my mom. Perseus swooped in carefully and was able to cut off Medusa's head. He had a little purse with him and was told to put the head in the purse and when he did, the magic purse grew big enough to fit the head in. 

Science
We didn't have science this week, but I learned that if you write on something with a Sharpie, you can get it off by scribbling over it with a dry erase marker and it will come off.

Tech
I built a robotic hand with instructions. It has a motor on it, instead of having a motor at the bottom. We've started working on the arm as well. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
No more Ninja until after Christmas. We went to the bike park and today we are going to the climbing gym.

EMMIE:

Math
I took my math test in Algebra. I did pretty well and only missed 2 problems.  

LA 
In my writing class I had to take a long passage, note five important points and rewrite a short paragraph about it. I also needed to include a who/which clause. 

Science
This week I learned about Gregor Mendel. I also created my own creature by randomly pairing dominant and recessive alleles.

Tech
This week for tech we started creating our robotic arm. Worked completed the hand and are working on the arm now. 

Acting
We practiced with props this week. I have my lines memorized now.

Comments

Popular Posts