Week 10

KALI:


Math
I cut the quesadillas into eight pieces today, like a pie. I also practiced matching numbers to groups.

LA 
I played SpotIt ABC's this week for practice at naming the letters fast. I also learned the word 'in.' I sounded it out all by myself!!!

Ballet
In ballet we worked on memorizing our dance for our recital in December. We'll be dancing to a Christmas song.

ELI:

Math
I'm learning how to read a clock with hands. This week I did matching from clock times to clock faces. I even had to draw the hands onto a clock.

LA 
I'm on the last story of Frog and Toad All Year and it's about Christmas. When I've read 5 books my mom will pay me $2.00. The next book will be about a dog.  

Science
This week I learned more about hoofed animals. I learned that dear lose their antlers every year and they grow back bigger each year, but antelope don't lose their antlers. 

Tech
I built more cruise ships out of magnet blocks. I also got to go to the vet with my dog and watched how a dog get s a shot. I also watched an episode of   Poplar Mechanics Kids about robots. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
For ninja we worked on jumping to the cargo net. It;s still really hard but I got it once. 

KAI:

Math
I have been taking timed tests for multiplication and subtraction this week. The subtraction test took me a look longer than I thought it would, but I only got one out of 40 wrong, so that's good. 

LA
I'm reading A Wonder Book for Girls and Boys with my mom. Perseus got what he needed  (winged shoes) to be able to fly alongside Quicksilver. Now they are on their way to find the gorgons. 

Science
In physics I learned about momentum. We learned that two objects that are the same mass will transfer their momentum. We also dropped a basketball with a tennis ball on top of it and the basketball transferred its momentum to the tennis ball so the tennis ball flew like 20 ft in the air!! It was awesome!

Tech
This week my dad couldn't come home for tech class so we watched two episodes of Popular Mechanics Kids. The first one was about robots and we learned that robots can do a lot of the stuff the humans can do. They can even "think," but not the same way humans can. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
At ninja we did relay races. It was a lot of fun. My team didn't win but it's ok.

EMMIE:

Math
I learned about the distributive principle. I also did a review this week and have a test tomorrow. 

LA 
In my writing class we are borrowing conflicts from fairy tales. I did a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin. 

Science
In biology I made a little flip book with a picture of each stage of meiosis. I also looked at allium (an onion root) under the microscope. 

Tech
We didn't have tech this week with my dad so we watched Popular Mechanics Kids. We watched an episode on robots. It was about developing artificial intelligence. 

Acting
In improv my teacher wrote down a script on the white board and taught us how the tone and sound of our voice can completely change what the script means. We practiced it with a partner. 

Comments

Popular Posts