Week 8

KALI:


Math
This week I made cookies with my mom and helped her to measure. I also practiced writing my numbers.

LA 
I am learning a new poem to memorize this week. I am also practicing the vowel sounds. 

Ballet
I love ballet! I learned a new step today called "step chasse." It is for our recital. 

ELI:

Math
I am using an abacus to add 4 digit numbers. I worked on two worksheets all week to practice.

LA 
My mom printed some sight word flash cards for me. I'm getting really fast and she adds 2 new cards every other day. My new words this week were 'down,' 'where,' and 'come.'

Science
This week I learned more about the desert. I learned that wood rats are called pack rats. They build huge nests that can sometimes get as tall as a person!

Tech
 This week for tech I just built a bunch of vehicles out of LEGO. I also made a huge car garage out of KEVA blocks, but it got knocked down before my mom got a picture of it.

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week we worked on jumping and catching the net. It was pretty hard, but fun. We also worked on our grip by holding onto little hanging globes (like rings, but they're little balls. very hard).

KAI:

Math
This week we worked on multiplication and fractions. The fractions were super easy so I got extra work done in math, a couple of a lessons a day.

LA
For grammar I am working on modifiers: adjectives and articles. Some adjectives are proper nouns adjectives, like "That is Kai Jensen's book." "Kai Jensen's" is the adjective describing the book. 

Science
In physics we worked more on inertia. We made hypotheses about how water will react in a cup when the cup was moved about.

Tech
We talked about building a robotic arm and how to do it. We looked at a few designs, watched a few videos. Then my dad taught a little about what we needed to do next. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
At ninja we did flying squirrel. We swing on two bars for each hand and when we're ready and swinging high enough we jump off of them and fly across and try to hold onto the net, like a spider web.

EMMIE:

Math
For math this week i have been doing tessellations. The last few days I've been tessellating pentagons.

LA 
In language arts I've been reading Steal Away. They have just decided not to use roads because they almost got caught.

Science
In biology I am leaning about mitosis. I am still learning about DNA and RNA too.

Tech
We are deciding what to build next. We might make a robot arm. We watched videos about it and looked at some designs.

Acting
We are supposed to have our lines memorized this week. We are cutting of bits and pieces to make the scene shorter.

Comments

Popular Posts