Week 5

KALI:


Math
I worked on my Yellow is the Sun song. I also got to work on the geoboard and make different sized squares.

LA 
This week I worked on a new word 'it.' I also worked on match vowels and singing a vowel song.

Ballet
In ballet I did plie. We are starting to work on our recital dance. 

ELI:

Math
This week I needed practice on my addition skills so we played a lot of math games. I also did an addition worksheet. I also counted my money a lot.

LA 
I am reading Frog and Toad All Year. I just started a new story about frog trying to find spring. It's really silly. 

Science
I learned about mammals this week. All mammals need milk and all mammal moms make milk for their babies.

Tech
For tech this week I played with LEGO and made a plane. I put a rocket booster on it.

Ninja Warrior Gym
This week we climbed the cargo net. We also learned how to do dive rolls. I'm getting good at the rolls. 

KAI:

Math
This week I have been getting more practice with area and perimeter. I have also started putting data onto a line plot. I like this work because I can do most of the lesson on my own.

LA
In Abe Lincoln Gets His Chance Abe has gotten the latest book written about George Washington and it got a little wet from water seeping in through the logs and made the pages all stained. he was mad at himself. He is working for 3 days to pay off the book to the people who let him borrow. 

Science
I've been reading more about Newton's Laws. This week we did an experiment about inertia. We set a LEGO minifig on top of a piece of cardboard that was taped on top of a car. When we pushed the car forward the LEGO guy's inertia wanted him to stay put, so he fell off the back of the car. When we bent the cardboard up behind the guy, like a seat, then the force of the cardboard pushed the guy along with the car.

Tech
This week I fixed the conveyor belt (it had gotten broken somehow). It gave us a chance to improve things that we didn't like about the original design. 

Ninja Warrior Gym
We worked on getting our arms stronger. We did this by trying to swing from side to side but only using our arms, not our whole bodies.

EMMIE:

Math
I am doing more symmetry work: point symmetry, rotation symmetry and reflection symmetry. In algebra I am doing division. I am also working on equations that have several operations. 

LA 
In grammar I am working on pronouns, proper nouns, adjectives and more. I have been working on identifying all of them in a sentence and then I have to diagram. Prepositional phrases are the ones that are trickiest for me. 

Science
This week I learned about passive and active transport. Passive transport doesn't take any energy. Osmosis and diffusion are passive. Active transport needs energy. Exocytosis and endocytosis are both active and require an ATP to move. 

Tech
For tech this week we worked on the conveyor belt. My sister broke it so we had to fix it. I'm glad we did because we made it a better design than before. 

Acting
I really like Improv class. we played some fun games this week. Someone gave us a topic and we had to pretend to be an expert on the topic. It was hilarious.

Comments

Popular Posts