Week 4

KALI:


Math
I played memory with number cards again. I also helped my mom make no-bake cookies and got to measure the oats and sugar. 

LA 
I learned two words this week! 'Can' and 'a'. I also worked on my ABC book some more. I'm almost done with it. 

Ballet
I had to miss ballet this week. 

ELI:

Math
This week I needed practice on my addition skills so we played a lot of math games. We played Corners again, which helps me add to 5, 10, 15 and 20. We also played a Solitaire game.

LA 
I am reading Frog and Toad All Year. It's really funny. I'm getting better at reading and this book has a few words that are longer, like 'winter' and 'should'.

Science
I learned about cacti this week. Some cactus plants grow very slowly. The biggest cactus can be 100 years old!

Tech
We didn't have tech this week because my dad was out of town but I built a huge magnet rescue ship with my Magnatiles. I t had a kitchen so the survivors could eat. It also had a smaller boat to row out in.

Ninja Warrior Gym
We did some parkour stuff today. We jumped the gap and they kept making the gap bigger. 

KAI:

Math
This week I have been finding the perimeter and the area of rectangles. I have been using a ruler and played a little with a geoboard as well. I also completed a review sheet.

LA
In Abe Lincoln Gets His Chance they are at their new house after the sickness went through. He has a new mother and she is nice but she doesn't know how to read but she has like 20 books. Abe knows how to read but doesn't have any books so she lets him use her books.

Science
I've been reading about Newton's Laws. This week I learned about inertia: an object at rest will only move if something pushes or pulls it; an object in motion will only stop if there is an extra force on it.

Tech
This week I built a magnet castle with a tunnel/tube to drop a ball. When the ball wouldn't shoot out I had to create a ramp at the bottom so it would drop down the tunnel, and shoot out the bottom.

Ninja Warrior Gym
We did some parkour stuff today. We jumped the gap and they kept making the gap bigger.

EMMIE:

Math
I am doing more symmetry work: point symmetry, rotation symmetry and reflection symmetry. In algebra I am doing division. 

LA 
 I am doing more keyword outlining to rewrite paragraphs. This week we wrote about Jamestown. We got extra credit for using -ly adverbs. Some of the  ones I used were mysteriously, boldy and suddenly.

Science
We poured iodine on wheat flour and white flour and the iodine turned blue, which means there is fiber in them. It was weird and turned into the gelatinous stuff. The wheat flour turned more blue, but the white flour turned into a purplish-black. 

Tech
We didn't do tech class this week because my dad was out of town. 

Acting
We got our play and character assignments this week. We are doing Little Women, the Christmas scene. I am Amy.

Comments

Popular Posts