Week 2

KALI:

Math
I've been learning about how to make tally marks. I also learned what parallel and perpendicular mean.

LA 
I am learning to match lowercase and uppercase letters to each other. I can do A-S so far, but sometimes Q confuses me.

Ballet
Ballet was canceled this week.
 
ELI:

Math
This week I worked hard on focusing during math. we set a timer for 10 minutes and I work hard on my worksheet the whole time, it is really helping me to work independently.

LA 
I am really getting better at reading. I just finished my primer!!! 

Science
I am learning about separating animals into their different groups. We separate them into backbones and no backbones. Then there are smaller groups too. 

Tech
This week I made a contraption for a marble run. It tipped the marble into a track and then the marble lands in a cup.

Ninja Warrior Gym
Ninja training is AWESOME! This week I worked on grip. We hang a long time to see how long we can hold our grip.

KAI:

Math
This week we started more work with measuring. I used a ruler to make a rectangle 6x2 cm and another 6x2 inches. 

LA
I did some more work today identifying nouns and proper nouns. It is getting a little easier. 

Science
This week I learned more about density and gravity. I'm also starting to learn about Newton's Laws. We read the story about an apple falling on his head, but no one knows if it is a true story.

Tech
My dad and I finished the mechanism that sweeps the different colored LEGO pieces into the right bins. My sister is working on the programming. It is pretty cool.

Ninja Warrior Gym
We worked on our grip this week. I also got to do these cool teeter totter monkey bars.

EMMIE:

Math
I worked on angles this week. Also, in algebra, I did some multiplication problems.

LA 
In my writing class we were learning how to do keyword underling for note-taking. I am reading Witch of Blackbird Pond for that class. 

Science
 This week I made a model of the cell. I made it out of polymer clay and plaster of Paris. I enjoyed this project. 

Tech
We made a sorting machine out of LEGO this week. I haven't quite finished the programming though. 

Acting
This week was mostly introductions and playing "getting to know you" games.

Comments

Popular Posts