Week 27

Eli:


Math
I am working on adding 9 to other numbers. I use my abacus and one the top wires I enter 15. On the next wire I enter 9. Then I trade one of the beads from the top wires to make the 9 a 10. Then I have 2 tens and a 4. So 15+9=24.

LA 
We are reading Prince Ahmed. He has two brothers and they all want to marry their cousin. They have to go out and find something that is special. Prince Ahmed finds a magic apple, his brother finds a magic carpet and his other brother finds a magic telescope.

Science
We are reading a book about spring. Also, I have been looking for spring in the backyard. My mom has radishes that just sprouted today.

Tech
Outside in the long grass me and my brother made a race track for our cars. we pruned the grass and then used the long pieces of grass to make the track to drive on.

Piano
We had our master's class this weekend. That's where we play our recital songs for the other students. I played my perfectly with no mistakes. Our recital is on Saturday. 

Kai:

Math
I am learning to use a drawing board with a T-square and 30/60 triangle. Today I made a 6-pointed star with the tools. I'm also learning fractions with a fraction chart. 

LA
We read Aladdin last term so my mom took us to go see Scherezade in Salt Lake City on Saturday. I was a show that was with the orchestra and actors, but no talking. They all had masks on and at first I didn't like it, but then I thought it was really cool. 

Science
I've been helping my mom in the garden. Her soil is new, so she needs lots of worms, so anytime I find worms I put them in the garden. I also learned about ants and that the queen ant has wings. 

Tech
We are going to program our robotic arm to throw stuff. We just started this week. 

Orchestra
Tonight was our orchestra concert! We played 7 songs. I also got to see the Ogden Youth Symphony and they played a song that an 8-year-old wrote. It was short. 

Emmie:

Math
I've doing more things with circumference. I understand now how easy it is to find the circumference of any circle as long as you measure the diameter and multiply that by pi, which is 3.14.

LA 
In grammar I am learning more about pronouns. They are a little tricky because there are so many of them. I always remember the demonstrative pronouns which are: this, that, these, and those. 

Science
I've started a new unit on geology. It's teaching me about the earth's formation right now, but I'm really looking forward to learning about different rocks. We went to Goblin Valley for spring break and collected a lot of rocks so I want to identify them. 

Tech
My brother and I are trying to figure out what it will take to make our robotic arm throw something. My dad says we'll have to program it on the computer first.
Orchestra
Tonight we had our spring concert. I really love orchestra and will be doing it again next year. 

Comments

Popular Posts