Week 21

Eli:

Math
We played Corners some more. I beat my mom almost every time. It's really fun. What you do match the same color of numbers and try to make 5, 10, 15 or 20. First person to get to 100 win. I won today. I keep the score too and I use an abacus to help me add.

LA 
Today we read a story from Native Americans called Sees-by-night. A little boy didn't have a family and was poor so the tribe didn't like him. One night while they were walking the boy was trying to cross the river and keep up because he was in the back of the group. A dog stopped him and asked if would take her puppies across the river and he said no because he would lose his tribe. She promised that if he helped her she would teach him a magic song that would help him in the tribe. We haven't finished the story yet.

Science
I got to play with the robotic arm that my brother made. I played construction site with it and made it go faster and slower. 

Tech
My brother and I made huge snow ramps for our sled today. At our park there is a small hill so we made ramps at the bottom. I fell off the side of the ramp once. 

Piano
I have practiced 5 times this week for piano. That's one of my goals so that I can earn candy. 


Kai:

Math
In math I am working on subtraction. Today I played a game where I had to equal 1, 2, 3, 4 etc using a set of numbers on the top of the page. I worked all week on the same worksheet. It was so hard. I used my abacus to help me. There were 40 problems so I did 10 each day.

LA
I'm reading a biography about Sam Adams. He was a real patriot and his friend wanted him to get a horse but he didn't want one. He ran instead. 

Science

Tech
My sister and I finally finished the robotic arm. It doesn't work from batteries but from air pressure. We played construction site, moving all the other LEGO pieces around. It's really cool. Now we can hook it up to batteries and the computer so we can program it. 

Orchestra
We learned two new songs: "This Old Man" and "The Three Musketeers." We're getting better at them. We're also talking about the very beginning of "Run, Pony, Run!" I really don't like orchestra but we only have two more months left.


Emmie:

Math
For the math this week I've been learning more about triangles. Today I figured out that the length of two sides of a triangle must be longer than the third side. 

LA 
In Stowaway, Nick spends his time with a native that is one their ship. They hang out with the animals when there isn't work to be done. 

Science
I've been keeping a weather journal to track the changes in the weather by looking at the clouds, temperature, wind direction, could cover, wind speed and precipitation. We've had some pretty crazy weather so it's been changing a lot. In two weeks we've only had precipitation 3 times. 

Tech
We finally finished the hand grabber. Now that we're done we should be able to hook it up to the computer so we can program it to do stuff. I want to make it throw a ball.

Orchestra
I'm really liking my cello lessons. Right now I'm mostly working on getting my bow hold just right and holding it like that for more than 5 strokes. I also really want to move past Twinkle Twinkle and play something else. 

Comments

Popular Posts