Week 19 :: Trip to Grandma and Grandpa's!

Eli:

Math
I played a game called Paypay with my dad at my grandma's house. We played it a lot and I had to count a lot of money.

LA 
We finished listening to Brighty of the Grand Canyon. I really liked this book. Jake Irons was a mean guy and nobody liked him. He killed a nice guy called Old Timer so the police looked for him. He also made brighty work for him even though Brighty didn't like it.

Science
I went on lots of nature hikes this week. there were lots of cool rock formations. Rocks break sometimes because water gets into the cracks and then when it freezes it gets bigger and breaks the rock apart.

Tech
At my grandma's house this week I got to play with these cool car tracks. I built bridges and made them higher by stacking stuff under them. The cars had lights so I would play with them in the dark too.

Piano
I played my recital piece for my grandma in Colorado. 


Kai:

Math
I played a game called Payday with my dad this week. I had to add and subtract a lot of money and did it all in my head. 

LA
We finished the book Brighty of the Grand Canyon. My favorite character of the book was Brighty. I like him because he was brave and funny.

Science
We got to do a lot of hiking this week. I told my brother all about how when it rains, or when the snow melts, the water goes into the cracks of the rocks. Then, when it freezes it expands, which pushes the rocks apart.

Tech
On one of our hikes I built a bridge out of logs. I had to figure out how to make it so it wouldn't roll. I found large rocks that were kind of rounded and pushed them up against the log. I also made a teeter totter out of logs with my dad. 

Orchestra
While we were driving home from Colorado we listen to a music version of Hansel and Gretel. I didn't like the way the people were singing but I did like having the music in the story. The people sang opera. 


Emmie:

Math
I played Payday with my dad and did all the math for that. I also calculated how many miles it was across Wyoming, but I forget now. 

LA 
We finished listening to Brighty of the Grand Canyon. I really liked this book. We talked about it afterward about how Uncle Jim was trusted and well-liked and so when he went missing people went out after him to rescue him. But Jake Irons? No one cared about him and he cared about no one. Sad. 

Science
I actually don't remember much for science this week. I did get to see some mountain blue jays on a hike. They are so blue and really pretty. 

Tech
During one of our hikes this week we made a teeter totter out of logs with my dad. It was fun to get it to balance right. 

Orchestra
We listened to and opera version of Hansel and Gretel in the car. I really don't like opera. Also, the story was really different than the one we read from the Blue Fairy Book. In that book they led a trail of crumbs to find their way home and later had jewels to go home with, but in the opera version there was none of that. They just got lost in the woods looking for berries, found the house, almost got eaten by a itch, tricked her into getting pushed into the fire and went home. It was okay. 

Comments

Popular Posts