Week 17



Eli:

Math
This week I started doing plus 15s. I'm still practicing. It's kind of hard.

LA 
We are reading Aladdin. Aladdin was tricked into going into the secret cave to get the lamp and he got stuck in there. But then the genie woke up and got him out. Then Aladdin told the Sultan he wanted to marry his daughter. The king said okay but the bad guy told the Sultan to wait 3 months in case the daughter wanted to marry hi son instead. Then after only 2 months, the princess married the bad guy's son. 

Science
In our book about wildlife for science I read about spiders. I read that some spiders live in the web and some live on the ground. They hurry to catch the bug as soon as it touches the web. Then I made a drawing of a spider from a drawing book. 

Tech
I made a huge magnet space station. It had satellites and everything. We watched a movie called The Martian and he had a huge space station on Mars and grew plants. It wasn't a true story.  

Piano
I have already memorized my recital song, PPPP! Now I need to practice it with my teacher for the duet. I also got to add more flash cards. 


Kai:

Math
I took a test to review everything I've been learning in math since school started. I got all the answers right. 

LA
I just finished reading George Washington today. He died because he was working on his land and it got cold and rainy. The next day it snowed and he woke up really sick with a bad sore throat. Then he died. 

Science
We read this week about spiders. I learned about the wandering spider. It lives in the rainforest. It can catch and kill tree frogs. 

Tech
My sister and I worked on building th switched for our robotic hand. It was a little hard because the tubes are hard to attach. 

Orchestra
We started using the bow this week. And we reviewed a lot of what we learned last year. I don't really like orchestra. 

Emmie:

Math
In math I am learning the area of a quadrilateral. You split it half corner to corner so that there are two triangles. Then you do the area of a triangle for both triangles. Then you add them together. 

LA 
I did dictation on Stowaway. This is where my mom reads me a small section and I write it down. I study the section first and try to picture the words that I think might be hard to spell. I spelled surgeon correctly but spelled attention with only one 't'. 

Science
For my weather study I've started keeping a daily weather chart. So I helped my dad put up a windsock off the top of the playground in the back yardI learned how to read a windsock. There are 3 lines on itso when I record the wind I'll note which line the pushes the windsock. So I write 1/3, 1/6, 2/3, etc. 

Tech
My brother and I started making the switches for the robotic hand. It was hard because the tubes are really hard to attach so my dad will help us with that part this week.
Orchestra
We finally started using the bow! But a lot of the class was used to teach 1/8 notes, which I already know, so that was kind of boring. 

Comments

Popular Posts