Week 15 :: New Year!!

Eli:

Math
I am practicing my plus tens and plus fives. I am learning strategies for learning to add quickly.

LA 
We finished reading The Little Red Hen in my reading lessons. Now I am starting to read The Gingerbread Boy.

Science
This week we didn't get to science because we were trying to get back to everything. Last night it was super foggy!!! I almost couldn't see the house right across the street from me! 

Tech
I have been playing with the electric LEGOs and I built a sort of tank. I used tank tracks and built a little platform on top.

Piano
I am doing a lot harder songs than my usual songs. I really like piano because it is awesome. I have a recital piece. It is called A Perfectly Pleasing Piano Piece, but I call it PPPP for short.


Kai:

Math
I am learning area and perimeter. Area is how much space something takes up. Perimeter is the distance around a shape.

LA
Today I started The Little Riders. There is a little girl and she had a dream about hiding in a closet and a captain or general opened the closet. When she woke up she realized she was back at her house. She had only been there a year since her dad got back from the war. He was a sea captain and he was going to bring ma on the sea voyage with him. So the little girl went back to the house where he grew up. The  little riders are little horseriders on a clock tower when the clock strikes on the hour. 

Science
I have been reading a lot about airplanes. In the olden days airplanes only had propellers and small motors and it fit 2 people. There would be one person in back with an electric gun shooting the people behind them and the other would fly the plane. 

Tech
My next project is a huge hand. It will have 3 levers. My sister started her part today and I'll do my part this week. 

Orchestra
In Iano this week I chose two new pieces for my recital. I chose Hedwig's Theme and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Also, I'm playing Double Dip, Stand Guard and Blue Jeans Blues for practice. With piano it is really awesome because it is not as hard as the violin. Also I really like it because I can play any song. 

Emmie:

Math
I have been doing the area of a triangle. To do this you duplicate the triangle so that the 2 triangles make a parallelogram. Then you turn the parallelogram into a rectangle and you find the area of the rectangle. Then you divide that area by 2.

LA 
In The Witch of Blackbird Pond Kit arrived in America and since she didn't send a letter to her aunt and uncle they didn't know she was staying for good because she had no other family, but she didn't want to write a letter because she thought they might say no. Also, she has two cousins, Judith and Mercy, and they were amazed at how neatly she was dressed and they were just really blown away by how nicely dressed she was for travel. 

Science
I just started learning about weather. I learned about how people can predict the weather from the clouds. I haven't learned about the different kinds of clouds yet though. 

Tech
I am starting to make a machine that grabs stuff. I spent an hour on it today, but there's still a bit to do on it today. I'm following instructions for this one.

Orchestra
I attended a cello recital that my cello teacher hosted. I didn't preform because I have only had 2 lessons from her. I am excited to learn more about the cello. Orchestra starts again on January 17. 

Comments

Popular Posts