Week 16

Eli:

Math
I am practicing my plus tens and plus fives. I am learning strategies for learning to add quickly. I just keep needing practice on these until I get faster. I'm using the abacus to help me.

LA 
In Odysseus this week we read about how the gods are deciding to help Odysseus get home. Except the sea god; he is still mad at Odysseus for making his son (the Cyclops) blind.

Science
Today I was watching a tiny slug on our trampoline. I think it was a baby because it was so small. I also got to go to the zoo today! I saw two big crocodiles, one in the water and one on the land, and a large tortoise. They were my favorite. 

Tech
My brother and sister and I made a big LEGO city. I worked on making a car with my mom. I also made a house with a garage and a bank. My house even has a mailbox.

Piano
I am working on my recital songs. We got a new piano. It's really big. I like playing on it because it is louder than our little black one. Today I figured out how to play the whole PPPP song, even though I didn't have to yet.


Kai:

Math
I am learning area and perimeter. Area is how much space something takes up. Perimeter is the distance around a shape. This week I practiced finding area and perimeter by using centimeter cubes. It was easy because to find area I just "timesd" (multiplied) the number of the row times the number of the column.

LA
My mom just started reading The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald to us. It's good so far. The princess just discovered her great grandmother living in the attic and when she told her nurse about it the nurse didn't believe her. 

Science
We went to see Dream Big: Engineering at the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake City. It was so cool. My favorite project on the show was the people that built walking bridges in countries where kids had to cross rivers to get to schools and families had to cross to get to the doctor. 

Tech
We have worked so hard all week (with my brother and sister and mom) to build a LEGO city. My mom built the whole gas station with instructions. I built a dock for boats and a house. My sister built a vet clinic and my brother built a house and a bank. Then we all worked together to build roads. 

Orchestra
We start orchestra this week! I'm really excited because I haven't been able to play my violin a whole lot since break started. 

Emmie:

Math
I have been doing the area of a triangle. The base wasn't horizontal this time, but diagonal, making it a little trickier to find the area.

LA 
In Stowaway,  Nick Young's friend found Mr. Bootie's (Nick's enemy) journal and he brought it to Nick and he said that everything in it was lies. So later, Nick had found the journal and wrote, "ALL LIES" across the front and then signed his name, which is pretty stupid because then Mr. Bootie brought his journal to Captain Cook and then Nick got a lashing. 

Science
I have been growing succulents to arrange and sell in the summer. A friend gave me a couple of mugs and pots to arrange some succulents in for her. I have been growing these plants for a few months now. Everytime they grow a little big I break a piece off an put it into a new small pot and it will grow roots and keep growing.


Tech
Right now I am planning my little sister's birthday party. For only $36 we found headbands, felt, crepe paper, glue dots and beads. She is having a kitty party and I have planned for them to make little ribbon collars with beads that have their name on it. I am also making them kitty ear headbands by wrapping and gluing ears onto headbands. Today we delivered all the invites.

Orchestra
Orchestra starts this we week!! My teacher promised that when we got back from break that we would start using the bow. I have been learning how to use my bow in cello lessons so I'm excited to use it at Orchestra.

Comments

Popular Posts